Background





Friday, January 23, 2015

The End? Weeks 18, 19, and 20...

Oh wow, it has been SUPER DOOP long since I've posted on here...oops...

Let's see, where did I leave off? OH YEAH. THE END OF THE COLLEGE PROGRAM. I guess I just haven't really been emotionally prepared to talk about it yet or something.

So, I guess the last place I kinda left off was around Christmas. On Christmas Eve-Eve, all five of us roommates were miraculously home at the same time, so we exchanged our gifts then. It was such a perfectly lovely evening, and it was great to see everyone's personalities come out in their gift-giving. We did a secret Santa thing, but none of it was actually a secret by the end :P It was funny too because the way we ended up sitting, everyone just passed their gift one space to the right and it was a perfect circle!

I ended up working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Eve was nice though, since I got off around 8:30 and I had glorious green chile stew cooking in the crock pot all day. That was one tradition I was not going to let die! I also watched Beatrix Potter's "The Tailor of Gloucester" with my roommate - another tradition of mine :) Then, I called my parents and opened one of the packages they sent me, filled with workout shirts and chocolate. They know me well :D

Christmas Day, I got up at 4:30 IN THE FREAKING MORNING because I had to work at 6. It was nice getting off at 2pm and still having an 8-hour shift, but...morning... o___O *twitch* It was nice though. We had a potluck, and everybody in costuming was super happy and just did their best to make everyone feel the joy of the day. We got to spend time with our costuming family that day :) After that, I drove out to Yorba Linda and had a completely incredible dinner with some extended family! It was so lovely to see them all again - some of them I hadn't seen since I was 6 I think! But, after a little while, it was pretty apparent by our craziness that we're definitely family!



Christmas was day 2 of 9 straight days of working 8-hour shifts, and three days following Christmas were also crazy stupid early. Not quite as early, two 7am and one 8am, but still crazy stupid early for me. Luckily, after that were mostly noon-ish shifts, which I can totally handle. But I was pretty dead after those mornings.

In the middle of this craziness was New Year's Eve. I worked again, but got off early enough to go home and blog about the year and go up and hang with my roommate and her Photopass buds and watch the Disneyland fireworks from the window!

New Year's Day itself was rather unspectacular as I worked and did very little else that day. But hey, I was pensive and stuff. Whatever.

After that, I had survived my 9-day working spree and it was now time to PANIC AND PACK LIKE A MADWOMAN!!!!!!!!!! Because we had to be out of there by the very early (7:30. My fault.) morning of January 5th so they would have enough time to prep for the next round of CPs coming in the following week. WEIRD.

The sunrise on our last morning


So basically, I packed like a beast and obtained a super comfortable bed and moved it all into my apartment in 3 days! BAM!

Virtual tour time! Woo!

The living room!

My little corner of the world :)

My somewhat messy book shelf...

The dining room! Complete with bird tablecloth!

FISHIES!!!! Pudge (orange/white, belongs to Marissa) and Priscilla (all gold, MINE)

More living room plus artwork


However, on Sunday the 4th, I still had time to go do another audition...

And it went well...

Exceptionally well...

And I don't know how much I'm allowed to post on social media, but...uh...

Starting in February, I'm gonna be "friends with"...



So that's a thing.

Yeah. Lots of newness happening over here right now. New Year, new apartment, new roommate, new job - it's been a lot to process. It's all good things, but it's still an adjustment. The college program is over. Lots of the friends I made went home. I still haven't gone home and am not sure when I'm going to. When we first moved into our new place, all my roommates decided to go home for a few days, so there were a couple days where it was just me in a completely new place, (with no internet yet), completely alone. But it's changed now. They're all back and I've gone back to work and things have started going back to a normal rhythm again. It's different, but it's good. And things are happening for me. They're actually, really, truly happening. I'm out here and I'm chasing my dreams and discovering where my life is going to go! I guess part of me is almost scared to realize that because I don't want to jinx it, or I don't want to wake up and have it all vanish. But it's not going to. I'm here.

I guess I could say that one thing the college program really taught me is that you shouldn't take anything for granted, because it'll be gone before you know it. Take advantage of the time you have with people. Go out. See things. Do things. Because the opportunity won't always be there. Don't spend all your time by yourself because you're afraid of getting too attached. Say yes to things that scare you. Break out of your comfort zone. Make mistakes and move on from them. Never, ever be afraid to be completely and unapologetically yourself, because you never know who might need you to be just that. And, of course, cheesy as it is, keep the magic alive, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment