Background





Saturday, December 20, 2014

Weeks...15, 16, AND 17

Soooooooo yeah...I'm just a little behind on blogging...Rather than a blow-by-blow, this blog will be mostly a pictorial highlight reel. You guys really don't care what I had for lunch three Thursdays ago anyway, right? Of course right.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay then!

CP Castle Picture in costume!!! Woo!!! I'm in the back and you can't really see me...woo...


The two. The proud. The Cast Costuming CPs.

And this happened. I got to wear the lovely green choir robe and sing a ton of high A's and B's as well as the Hallelujah chorus with a full orchestra and celebrity narrator (Beau Bridges...yeah, I don't know either :P) on Main St. USA with an awful cough. And I did it. And it was amazing. I've gotten to perform in some really, really awesome places, and this one gave me the chills and the tears just like the others. It's moments like these where I just go, "Wow. This is actually my life. I am doing this right now. Wow. I have a really crazy amazing life." And somehow, it makes all the difficulties and stresses that I've been going through just disappear for a little while and make me incredibly thankful that I'm alive.

In other news, before I get all sappy, this is what I see when I come into work every day. The mannequin's name is Seth, btw. Right now he's being "Safety Santa" though.

We had a special little holiday cast thingy where we got to go into Lincoln Theatre, eat cookies (well, other people did :P), watch old Disney cartoons, and hang out with Goofy! This is me and my lead, Nikki :)

Other other stuff! We had our End-of-Program Celebration!




Me with the Disneyland Ambassadors and Vice President!!!!

Me and my buddy Goofy celebrating graduating from the program with jazz hands!


Me and my ladies ^_^

Our table!

The bosses!

Gettin' our groove on.

Giant group hug/sing-along to Don't Stop Believin'. Of course.

Other notable things that were not immortalized via photograph included another character look-alike audition which ended the same as the others - being booted in the first round. But, whatever. There are always more. Plus, I got to hang out with some very, very lovely people at that audition :)

I've also been able to see a few New Mexico friends, either ones who were in town visiting or who used to live in New Mexico and now live here. It has been wonderful to see them and make references to New Mexican things and not receive a blank stare! :P

Work is going well, and I think I've decided to transfer over to Entertainment Costuming if I don't land any upcoming auditions. I just want to get as close to Entertainment as I can get! People say the costuming over there is crazy and hectic, but honestly, I feel like I would probably prefer that to what I'm doing now. Not that I don't like where I am now, it's just...there's a lot of standing around, and I like to be doing things and feeling productive and useful. There are plenty of times in my current position where I feel useful, but still, something a little more fast-paced would be nice.

Also, today, we signed the last of the leasing paperwork and start moving into our new apartment on Tuesday!!! :O

It's so crazy to think that this program is almost over. We have 2 weeks left. 2 weeks. Part of me feels like I just got here. But then, I look back at everything we've done, everything I've accomplished personally, how confident I am now at the Guest Service counter at work, and all the ways I've changed and grown over the past 4 months, and I realize this truly has been an adventure. I'm not ready for all of it to end just yet. It feels like I just started getting to know people, and now I have to say goodbye to a lot of them, including two of my roommates. We've been through so much together that it just feels weird that they're not staying on with the rest of us. But, just as I'm not ready to let go yet, it's not quite time to let go. We still have two weeks. We still have Christmas and New Year's. And I absolutely want to make the most out of this time we have left.

Now, go forth and be excellent to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment